Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nothing Going On So I'm Going To Buy New Tires

City Boy---Dinner At The Ritz


MoTW---Robin Hood (2010)

Now that my ear issue has been fully taken care of, you would think
that, since I no longer have that pain, I would be able to think and
maybe come up with something interesting to write about.

Sadly, you would be wrong.

Nothing really has happened in the last week or so.

Nothing interesting to write about at all.

I guess I could take a week "off" hoping that something interesting
would pop up, but if nothing pops up in the coming week, then where
would we be?

I guess I could write about buying new tires?

The last time I got new ones was three years ago, some really nice
65,000 Yokohama tires. They were installed at 44,000 miles and now my
car is almost at that magical 100,000 mile mark (looking for crackwhores
puts on the miles).

The car I have is a 2006 Mazda 3 and it's been a beast. Such a beast I
have decided to keep it past my four year car limit. Maybe I'll get a
new one this year, but will be keeping this Mazda.

So, by my calculations, the current tires have 4000 miles left on them.
But I can hear the road while driving, so maybe it's time to get new
ones? I don't know, but that's what I'm going to do.

I picked out a set of Continental DWS tires that have this really cool
looking tread pattern. However, looking at the tread on my current
tires, they don't look bad at all. So what to do?

I've already ordered the Continental's so I'm kind of stuck with getting
them. But should I ask the tire folks if my current tires are still
good, and how much longer do they actually have?

Would they lie and tell me they're shot and that I definitely need new
ones because they ant my money? The woman thinks so, and I'm kinda
screwed on this since they're getting the tires and backing out of the
deal just seems wrong.

If my math is right, then I'll have maybe 2-3 more months before my
current tires explode (because that's what they do when their mileage is
up, from what I've heard) so it's probably wise to get new ones. You
know, to be safe.

But damnit, the tread still looks ok! Of course I'm a tire expert and
know exactly what to look for......

COMING NEXT: For both our sakes, hopefully something a bit more
interesting?

No comments: