Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Interview! Oops, I Mean.....

Van Halen---A Different Kind Of Truth


MoTW---The Thing (2011)

Always one to deliver on what I promise, I present to you that interview
with Bob!

I ask the hard questions and leave no stone unturned. No namby-pamby
bullshit here, I get to the bottom of his story and other stories as
well.

Completely uncut and uncensored and featured for the first time anywhere
here's the interview you've all been dying to read!

But first.....

A few weeks ago the woman complained about here shower only spitting out
cold water. Knowing I am compete out of my element with home improvement
tasks she called an uncle of hers that does some plumbing on the side
and set up an appointment for him to come over and fix her shower.

The day he was supposed to show up ended up as a no-show because he had
the flu. This gave me an idea and I googled "only cold water in shower:
on google and found that the problem was probably a old cartridge in her
Price Pfister shower get-up.

More google research and I found out how to replace the cartridge and I
figured I was ready to go. The following Friday I rewatched a video and
read a how-to guide and then waited for the woman to get home so we
could do it together. You know, like a couple.

I must make something completely clear: When reading about how to do
something from an expert, make sure you follow all steps. Don't skip a
step (like the first one) thinking you know better because chances are,
you don't.

Anyway, I had the tools I needed and took off the shower handle and the
plate behind it and then water shot out. I screamed at the woman to go
downstairs to turn off the water and then she was screaming at me to
come downstairs because she couldn't figure out how to turn off the
water and there was a slight problem of water leaking from the ceiling
in the laundry room.

I calmly went downstairs and turned off the water and then we spent a
little while tossing towels on the laundry floor to soak up the water.
As a note, the first step in the how-to manuals I read and videos I
watched was "TURN OFF THE WATER TO THE HOUSE". Read it, live it, learn
it, love it.

I removed the cartridge and off we went to Lowe's for a replacement. No
go there. Then off to Home Depot and no go there too. Ace Hardware?
Nope, but they did recommend a plumber supply store up the street from
them. Since they were closed for the evening we put it on our to-do list
for Saturday.

Luckily the plumber supply store had what we wanted (only two is stock!)
and they also let us know that Price Pfister stuff sucked. This kind of
surprised me since I figured that any company that had the letter "f"
immediately following the letter "p" was some high tech foreign company
with top of the line merchandise. Little do I know I guess.

When we got back home I made sure the water to the house was turned off
and installed the new cartridge along with the rest of the stuff and
voila!, the shower worked again. Only problem is hot is now cold and
vice versa, but the woman assured me she would adapt.

Funny thing is, a week later my shower handle broke. But that's another
story for another day.....


Oh fuck. Forgot about the interview.

COMING NEXT: The interview!

No comments: