Saturday, September 17, 2011

The 2011 Roadtrip: Part 4

Dream Theater---A Dramatic Turn Of Events


MoTW---Drones

(Wow, this sucks In Bob's latest column he MAKES FUN of Omaha and I'm
doing my thing here and can't really do a retort. I guess it really
wouldn't be a retort, not really. But is there really a good restaurant
in Omaha? Don't think so. I can tell you what is considered a "good
restaurant" in Nebraska, but don't have the time. However, I can do
this: if you live in Nebraska, especially Omaha, and are really pissed
at Bob and want to harm the only tiny Mexican in the state, feel free to
visit him at 12179 Woody Bear Lane which is a one way street. He lives
in the brown brick house at the end of the cul-de-sac, just look for the
"SLOW! TINY MEXICAN!" sign.)


Sunday, July 31st


I wasn't in really any rush to do anything this day but still woke up
around 6 to go outside and have a smoke (even though we were in a
smoking room) and my daily diet Dew.

As I smoked, drank and read a book (yep, I read), I noticed the Wal Mart
and figured that I would head over there and see what stuffs they gots.

I went back to the room to change into suitable Wal Mart garb and, since
the woman was waking up, asked if she wanted to go. She thought it was a
fantastic idea and put on her Wal Mart garb and off we went.

Guess I'm used to our local Wal Mart since this one was completely
backwards. I didn't like it. It scared me. But, trooper that I am, I
continued on my quest for nothing and ended up finding a bag of pretzels
which seemed appetizing.

Then the woman decided she wanted to check out other stuff so I wandered
over to the electronics section, expecting it to be like ours, but no.
No, no, no.

Even though we live about 30 minutes away from Crimeopolis, aka Detroit,
the blu-rays in our store are not in those plastic cases with the
security tags. No, ours are out in the open, no security cases needed
here.

Guess that part of Delaware was a high crime zone because they had all
the blu's in the heavy plastic cases. Funny thing is how far DVD's have
fallen since none of those were in cases. How odd.

Not feeling like handling blu's in heavy plastic cases, I checked out a
bin with cheap CD's, found a couple I don't have and then tracked down
the woman. She grabbed the CD's and told me that they would be Xmas
presents. GOt to give her credit, she puts a lot of thought into her
gifts.

We made our purchases and then headed back to the hotel where I changed
into my sleepy-time clothes, turned on the tv and watched shit.
Seriously, there was a program about shit and I watched it. Or maybe it
wasn't. Maybe it was "Home Improvement".

I was zoning out and the woman woke me from my near sleep and told me
she was going to drive around and I didn't care. It's vacation and
there's no reason why I needed to care so I didn't.

So she left and I went back to sleep for a couple hours.

Around 9:30 I woke up and figured that I should take a shower so I was
fresh for that days fun. However, I was a bit hungry so I opened the bag
of pretzels and munched away in the bed while watching whatever was
halfway interesting on tv.

This lasted about 45 minutes and then I really did figure that I really
needed to take a shower. So I did.

When I was done, I called the woman and told her she needed to come back
because I had a coupon for $5 off a dvd or blu-ray at Best Buy and since
this was the last day I could use the coupon, we needed to find a Best
Buy but fast so the coupon wouldn't go to waste.

Luckily she was in the hotel's business center on the computer so she
was able to check for the nearest Best Buy, which just happened to be in
the next state. That sucked.

But that suckiness turned into happiness because the next state was only
about 20 minutes away, down the same road the hotel was on. So of we
went to Best Buy in the state next to Delaware (ummm.....Maryland? Sure,
let's say it is) just so my $5 coupon wouldn't go to waste.

COMING NEXT: Not promising anything since I didn't fulfill what I said
was coming next the last time so just expect more stuff

No comments: