Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day Three Of The Trip You Don't Want To Hear About

Echoes of Eternity---The Forgotten Goddess

MoTW---Hexed


Got up early again for this, the third day, and back to the Flying J we
went, this time to enjoy their breakfast buffet. Fuck that Nutri System
claim of rib-sticking meals, any buffet at any truck stop shows the true
meaning of that term.

So with a paste of tasty morsels stuck to our ribs, of we headed again
with the destination of Fishers, IN. Another short trip since it was
only 45 minutes away, and then we were at the giant store, my favorite
store, that behemoth called Fry's.

I was dropped of since it's the type of store that doesn't appeal to the
woman so she took of to do some shopping of her own.

My heart pumping, I slowly walked to the electronic doors, stubbed out
my cigarette in the supplied ashtray and then I was in.

Checked out the video games, not particularly interested in anything,
just wanted to waste time.

Next up was the DVD section. Started with horror, went to action, then
to comedy and finally to sci fi. Didn't pick up anything, just tried to
keep a mental list of what I wanted, knowing full well that I would
forget half the stuff that interested me.

When I was done aking my rounds, I went back and picked up four that I
remembered and then off to the music section I went.

Interesting thing about Fry's CD selection is that you can sometimes
find cd's that have been out of print, so I started at "A" and started
working up (or down, whatever it is), picking up stuff that I wanted at
one time or other. Sadly, didn't find anything out of print that day,
but did find stuff that you normally wouldn't find in places like Best
Buy, plus it was cheaper that ordering from the internet.

I was in "U" and the woman came back and I could tell she was bored, but
she said that she would check out the tent sale at some store next door
and I told her that was just great just because I wanted her to go away
because I was in the zone.

About ten minutes later I was done looking through the music so I gave
her a call and told her I was heading to the checkout. Good thing since
she was really bored now since the tent sale was furniture so she was
sitting out in the parking lot, waiting. Patiently? Probably not, but
thanks for your concern.

When all was done, I had in my hands nine cd's and four dvd's. Not bad,
but pretty weak on the DVD side for some reason.

Out to the parking lot and to the car and then we were off again, this
time heading home, with a stop at any cheese/beef jerky stand that we
could find because I was in the mood for beef jerky and cheese for some
reason.

And that we finally found maybe an hour away from home, someplace called
Backwoods Jerky or something like that. I was on a non-paved road which
was really cool if you're a redneck or something.

Then we headed home and to home we got and that was the mini-vacation.
Nothing strange happened, and everything went according to plan.

And you probably read all this expecting something extraordinary, yet
got nothing.

Unless......

COMING NEXT: Highway hit and run, chases and convoys...the true story of
the third day!

No comments: